2 June was orientation day at Salford College. The college conducts orientation twice a month- 2nd Tuesday and 4th Friday. The orientation is for 1 hour where the students are taken through a PowerPoint presentation on topics such as code of conduct, students’ rights and responsibilities, Salford student support services, fees structure etc.
The students also go through the following activity:
- Campus tour, including kitchen campus at Hotel Grand Chancellor
- Introduction to staff and trainers
- Student ID card photo
- Self evaluation and LLN test
- Induction checklist and feedback
- Current address and phone no update
The orientation day also presents the student a chance to familiarise themselves with the classroom and fellow study mates.
Here you can see Admissions Officer, Manmeet Chhabra conducting the orientation with a group of students.